Archbishop William E. Lori and Dr. Barbara Edmondson, Superintendent of Schools, will greet students and their families at St. Maria Goretti High School and St. Mary’s Elementary School in Hagerstown on Tuesday, August 26, for the start of the new school year.
Archbishop Lori will welcome students at St. Maria Goretti High School to the new school year and will celebrate Mass for the students at St. Mary’s.
|When:||Tuesday, August 26, 2014|
St. Maria Goretti High School
1535 Oak Hill Ave.
Hagerstown, MD 21742
|9:30 a.m. (approximate)
St. Mary’s Elementary School
218 W. Washington St.
Hagerstown, MD 21740
About Catholic Schools in the Archdiocese of Baltimore:
- More than 25,000 students in 70 Catholic schools;
- Of the 18 Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Baltimore designated as a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence, 11 have received the designation since 2008;
- Catholic middle school students score in the top third on standardized tests in reading and math;
- Catholic high school students average 100 points higher on the SAT than the national average; and
- 99% of students graduate high school; 99% attend college.
To learn more about an Archdiocese of Baltimore Catholic school, call 1-800-5-CATHOLIC or visit www.archbalt.org/schools.