Make a Report of Abuse, Neglect or Misconduct

To make a report of misconduct:

  1. CHILD ABUSE OR NEGLECT: If you have reason to believe a child has been abused or neglected, please contact law enforcement (call 911 or your local Department of Social Services office, see

    CHILD ABUSE OR NEGLECT BY CHURCH PERSONNEL: If you have reason to believe a child has been abused or neglected by church personnel, in addition to law enforcement, please also call the Archdiocese of Baltimore’s Victim Assistance Hotline at 1-866-417-7469.  (If there is reason to believe a bishop has sexually abused a child, please use

  2. SEXUAL MISCONDUCT OR INTERFERENCE BY A BISHOP: If you have reason to believe that a bishop has engaged in sexual misconduct* or has interfered with an investigation into sexual misconduct, please click here or visit
  3. OTHER MISCONDUCT, SUCH AS FINANCIAL WRONGDOING OR HUMAN RESOURCE ISSUES: If you wish to report other misconduct, please click here.

Thank you for making our Church stronger, more accountable, and a clearer reflection of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

* Under Pope Francis’s Vos estis lux mundi and the Directives of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, the following forms of misconduct by bishops should be reported using this dedicated reporting system: 1) forcing someone, by violence or threat or through abuse of authority, to perform or submit to sexual acts; 2) performing sexual acts with a minor or a vulnerable person; 3) the production, exhibition, possession or distribution, including by electronic means, of child pornography, as well as by the recruitment of or inducement of a minor or a vulnerable person to participate in pornographic exhibitions; and 4) actions or omissions intended to interfere with or avoid civil investigations or canonical investigations, whether administrative or penal, against a cleric or a religious regarding the misconduct referred to in 1-3 above.