STAND Training Information
What is it and why is it important?
STAND Training is mandatory training for all those wishing to work in ministry with youth and children. This process ensures the safety, protection, and care of minors and is an Archdiocesan requirement for anyone interacting with children in the Church, professionally or voluntarily.
What are the requirements for training?
- Archdiocesan Application for Volunteer Service completed and reviewed
- Three (3) references provided, checked, and documented
- References for service and/or employment with any previous archdiocesan parish, school, or institution checked and documented
- Volunteer Select Criminal History Screening form completed and submitted to VolunteerSelct OR (if a volunteer does not have a social security number) CJIS/Fingerprint Check application submitted
- Volunteer receives and reviews the Statement of Policy for the Protection of Children and Youth
- Volunteer receives and reviews the Code of Conduct for Church Personnel of the Archdiocese of Baltimore
- Volunteer receives training regarding child abuse and the protection of children. Training Verification form completed.
- Volunteers 18 or older must view the STAND training video
- Volunteers between 14 and 17 must view the Worthy of the Call training video
More information and important documents (including required paperwork in Spanish). There are also people at each parish with more information.