Archdiocese of Baltimore's Blue Ribbon Committee
In February 2009, Archbishop Edwin O’Brien appointed a Blue Ribbon Committee on Catholic Schools and asked that it develop a strategic plan for Catholic schools by June 2010. As part of this effort, the committee and its staff are holding listening sessions at 10 locations throughout the Archdiocese.
Catholic school parents, teachers, and others are strongly encouraged to participate.
The meetings will have two focused discussions on and also offer a 30-minute session for open discussion. The Committee is very interested in hearing from parents, teachers, staff, and all those who have an interest in the future of Catholic education in the Archdiocese.
All meetings will be held from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. at the following locations:
- Tuesday, September 29 - Bishop Walsh School (Cumberland)
- Wednesday, September 30 - The John Carroll School (Bel Air)
- **Thursday, October 1 - Church of the Resurrection (Ellicott City)
- Tuesday, October 6 - School of the Incarnation (Gambrills)
- Thursday, October 8 - St. Michael the Archangel School (Overlea)
- Wednesday, October 14 - St. John Regional Catholic School (Frederick)
- Thursday, October 15 - Sacred Heart School (Glyndon)
- Tuesday, October 20 - Our Lady of Fatima School (Baltimore)
- Tuesday, October 20- -Our Lady of Victory School (Arbutus)
- Wednesday, October 21 - St. Ambrose School (Baltimore)
All sessions will be recorded and a summary report will be submitted to the entire Blue Ribbon Committee for their consideration. Comments may also be submitted using the Public Comment Page of the Blue Ribbon Committee pages.
** Archbishop O’Brien is scheduled to attend.