The Division of Information Technology will be widely known for the way in which we provide and service sophisticated information technology used in the ministry of the Catholic Church of Baltimore. We will support and enable the organizational strategic business processes by providing excellent customer service, focusing on process improvement and through our commitment to providing reliable, secure information and technologies. The people of the Archdiocese, its parishes, schools and agencies are the focus of our evangelization through information.
A vision of ministry enabled by connectivity information and communication technologies are God-given gifts that can maximize the mission of the Catholic Church of Baltimore to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ by "Connecting the People of God." We speak to all people when we use these gifts to:
- Utilize proven technologies to reach all Catholics, especially youth and young adults, to promote their fuller participation in ministries and the sacramental life of the Church.
- Enable the sharing of the unique human, physical, knowledge and ministerial resources of the Local Church of Baltimore among its parishes, schools, and institutions.
- Link the Local Church of Baltimore with other people of good will to create an inter-connected community for the benefit of all.
- Make the Local Church of Baltimore a model of information/resource access that is easy to use.
- Improve the efficiency of administrative requirements, thereby allowing more time for pastoral ministry.