Just because it’s March Madness doesn’t mean you have to go crazy with food. Millions of Americans will be munching on potato chips, gooey dips, chicken wings and more – washing it down with beer and soda. But what’s really in those foods? Take a look. It might make you switch to celery sticks and water.
* Fast-food chicken wings have about 450 calories per serving (six wings) and 29 grams of fat.
* Two ounces of potato chips have 318 calories and 22 grams of fat.
* Twelve fluid ounces of regular beer has about 145 calories.
* Twelve fluid ounces of regular soda has about 150 calories.
* A typical Ranch-style dip has 70 calories per teaspoon.
* One ounce of corn chips has about 150 calories.
* A single-patty hamburger sandwich with condiments has about 500 calories and 27 grams of fat.
* A slice of a 14-inch pepperoni pizza has about 300 calories and 12 grams of fat.
* A slice of apple pie has about 450 calories and 24 grams of fat.
* A slice of pecan pie has about 770 calories and 40 grams of fat.
Source: Online calorie counters.