Contest is sponsored by CR Media, which publishes The Catholic Review newspaper for the Archdiocese of Baltimore.
Three prizes will be awarded. “All Saints’ Day Trivia Contest” prize consists of:
1st place prize for contestant with the highest score overall: “A Taste of Catholicism” cookbook (retail $15) and wine duffel set (includes two wine goblets, two cotton napkins, a wooden handle multi-function bottle opener), and a prayer card set.
2nd and 3rd place prizes: Catholic Review gift set including a blessed rosary, plastic reusable cup, ID badge clip, insulated lunchbox with a cup holder compartment, a flashlight keychain, a lanyard, luggage handle cover and a prayer card set.
In case of a tie for overall high score, see Official Rules below
Promotion Period: Promotion begins at 11 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) on November 1, 2012 and ends at 4 p.m. EDT on November 1, 2012.
How the contest will work:
1. This contest will start at 11 a.m. EDT and close at 4 p.m. EDT.
2. Catholic Review will tweet three trivia questions. The first question will be asked at 11 a.m. The second question will be asked at noon. The third question will be asked at 1 p.m.
3. Participants should reply to the trivia questions with the correct answer. In the reply the question number (for example Q1), @CatholicReview, and #AllSaintsDay must be included.
4. Three (3) winners will be chosen based on a designated point system.
1. Participants must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
2. Open to US residents only.
3. Employees and contractors and their family members of The Cathedral Foundation Inc. are not eligible to win.
4. Participants must follow @CatholicReview on Twitter and be registered for the www.catholicreview.org by November 1, 2012 at 11 a.m. EDT (Start of contest).
1. Sponsor will tweet three trivia questions about All Saints’ Day during the promotion period.
2. To participate, respond as quickly as possible via tweet to the Catholic Review handle @CatholicReview with the correct answer to each trivia question (Participants can do this by hitting “reply” to the trivia question).
3. Your reply must include @CatholicReview and #AllSaintsDay
4. Tweet back must also include question number to which you’re answering (Example: for question 1 write #Q1)
5. Respondents will earn points based on a designated point system. The first person to correctly answer a trivia question (based on sponsor’s computer) will receive ten (10) points; the second person to correctly answer a trivia question will receive nine (9) points; the third person to correctly answer a trivia question will receive eight (8) points; the fourth person to correctly answer a trivia will receive seven (7) points; and the fifth person to correctly answer a trivia question will receive six (6) points; the sixth person to correctly answer a trivia question will receive five (5) points; the seventh person to correctly answer a trivia question will receive four (4) points; the eighth person to correctly answer a trivia question will receive three (3) points; and the ninth person to correctly answer a trivia question will receive two (2) points; and the tenth person to correctly answer a trivia question will receive one (1) point. Each participant may only receive points for one correct answer per trivia question.
6. Prizes as designated above will be awarded to the three contestants with highest point total for the three questions. In case there are any ties and more than three contestants would be eligible for a prize, a fourth bonus question will be asked at 2 p.m. EDT amongst those with the highest eligible point total(s).
7. In the event that after the bonus question there is still a tie for the 2nd and 3rd place prizes, a random drawing will be held amongst all those who have the highest eligible point total(s).
1. Twitter winners will be announced on our Twitter page. Once announced winners must email email@example.com within 5 business days with their correct mailing address and personal information to receive their prize.
2. All unclaimed prizes after 5 business days will be forfeited and awarded to alternative winners from the contest.
3. One winner per Twitter account.
4. Multiple entries are only counted as one entry.
5. Usage of automated scripts of any kind for our contests will automatically disqualify you from the contest.
6. You do not need to purchase anything or receive The Catholic Review newspaper to enter.
7. Creating multiple accounts on Twitter to enter multiple times will automatically disqualify you from the contest.
8. Please allow 2-4 weeks for the delivery of prize to winners.
9. All prizes are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash.
10. CR Media is not responsible for prizes lost in the mail.
Twitter is not a Sponsor of or otherwise affiliated with this Promotion.