Click here to learn more and enter the “Make a Mom Smile” Facebook contest!
Contest is sponsored by CRMedia, which publishes the Catholic Review newspaper for the Archdiocese of Baltimore.
One bouquet of flowers will be awarded to a deserving mom based on the essay entered into the “Make a Mom Smile” contest. This prize includes delivery to the residence of the nominee on May 11, 2013.
Please note: The winning essay will be chosen based on the contest guidelines and will by no means be related to any previous purchases or personal history with the Catholic Review.
Promotion Period: Promotion begins at 12:11 a.m. EST on April 24, 2013 and ends 12:00 p.m. on May 8, 2013.
How the contest will work:
1. Participants must first “like” The Catholic Review Facebook page to be eligible to enter the contest.
2. Participants can then submit in 200 words or less essay why a mom, grandmom, mother-to-be or mother figure in their life deserves flowers.
3. Facebook users are each allowed one unique entry per day.
4. After the promotion period has ended, Catholic Review judges will review all submitted essays. They will choose a winner based on the content of the essay they think best shows that the mom is deserving of flowers.
1. Any nominated mom must be a resident of the Archdiocese of Baltimore.
2. Participants must be 13 years of age or older to enter.
3. Employees and contributors of CRMedia are not eligible to enter. This includes family members of CRMedia staff.
4. Participants must “like” The Catholic Review Facebook page at the time of promotion’s closing.
1. Winners will be notified by email by 2 p.m. on May 8, 2013. Once notified, winners must email firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. May 8 with the nominee’s full name and mailing address so the flowers can be ordered. All delayed responses may result in the flowers being delivered on a later date.
2. No profanity, controversial or offensive language is allowed. Essay submissions will be evaluated on an individual basis at administrator’s discretion for appropriateness before qualifying for the contest.
3. We may ask that the winner send us a photo, so we can post the photo and winning essay on our Facebook page.
4. Participants do not need to purchase anything or receive the Catholic Review newspaper to enter.
5. Catholic Review is not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations, unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, failure to receive entry, winner information, or other contest information for any reason whatsoever.
6. By entering this essay contest entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may, at Sponsor’s discretion, result in disqualification.
7. All prizes are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash.
8. By entering this Facebook promotion, all promotion participants agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and waive any claims against the Catholic Review arising directly or indirectly, out of, or in any way connected with, this promotion or the prizes awarded in connection therewith.
9. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Participants are providing information to the Catholic Review and not to Facebook.
Click here to enter the “Make a Mom Smile” Facebook contest!