Calvert Hall student Jack Levee dies following allergic reaction

 

By Matt Palmer

mpalmer@CatholicReview.org

 

Jack Levee, the Calvert Hall College High School student hospitalized last week after a severe allergic reaction, died July 3, according to a blog post by the family.

“Jack was the most upbeat positive person I’ve ever met,” the post on CaringBridge.com said. “He always let you know how he felt and expressed it honestly without thought (sometimes), Jack made everyone smile.”

During the last few days, several different parish and school communities – including Calvert Hall and John Carroll School – gathered at St. Margaret in Bel Air for a prayer service. Father C. Douglas Kenney, associate pastor of St. Margaret, presided over the prayer service and regularly visited with Jack Levee during his stay at the University of Maryland Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. Father Kenney confirmed both Jack Levee and his sister, Abigail, who attends John Carroll.

Levee’s family, in the blog post, said they discovered his allergies and asthma when he was 6 months old and “struggled having them all of his life because often times he’d wish he was like everyone else, yet as he grew up he only strived to be different.”

The family said a celebration of Levee’s life will be announced at a future date.

The Caringbridge.com post also said that, per Jack Levee’s wishes on his beloved driver’s license, he became an organ donor after his death.

“He,” the post said, “will live on through others.”

For more on Jack Levee, click here.

Copyright (c) July 4, 2012 CatholicReview.org 

image_pdfSave as PDFimage_printSend to Printer

Catholic Review

Catholic Review

The Catholic Review is the official publication of the Archdiocese of Baltimore.