The Mary Catherine Bunting Center, Mercy Medical Center’s new hospital in Baltimore, which opened in December 2010, won a number of awards for the new “Main Lobby” features at the 73rd Annual Craftsmanship Awards of the Building Congress and Exchange.
Among the features that received recognition for outstanding craftsmanship were:
– The Chapel of Light glass nugget wall (created by TSI Exterior Wall Systems);
– The lobby floor marble with green Mercy Cross (installed by Rugo Stone);
– The Chapel of Light limestone entrance sign (carved by Rugo Stone);
– The Mercy cornerstone with hospital history (carved by Rugo Stone);
– The Jerusalem limestone lobby walls (installed by Rugo Stone).
According to a news release, Mercy President and CEO Thomas R. Mullen thanked general contractor, Whiting-Turner, “for their oversight and selection of the outstanding subcontractors who created and installed these distinctive lobby feature elements.”