Boiler fire causes damage at St. Ursula School

 

By Elizabeth Lowe

elowe@CatholicReview.org

Twitter: @ReviewLowe

 
A boiler at St. Ursula School in Parkville that caught fire Nov. 4 caused $35,000 in damage, according to Archdiocese of Baltimore officials.

The boiler caught on fire around 10:20 a.m. after flammable materials that were leaned against the boiler ignited, said Nolan McCoy, director of facilities and real estate for the archdiocese. The type of materials is unknown.  

The fire, which was put out “almost immediately” by the Baltimore County Fire Department, was contained to the boiler room, McCoy said. There was some water and soot damage to a pre-kindergarten room across the hall.

The school was open Nov. 5, except for the affected pre-kindergarten classroom, McCoy said. That classroom is expected to open Nov. 6.

 

Copyright (c) November 5, 2012 CatholicReview.org

Catholic Review

Catholic Review

The Catholic Review is the official publication of the Archdiocese of Baltimore.