So you think you have a vocation to the priesthood? Try these steps to conquer your fear or confusion.
• Talk to your pastor or another priest to whom you feel close.
• Read some books on the life of priests and spirituality.
• Go to Mass regularly and make use of the sacrament of reconciliation often.
• Ask your favorite priest about the best part of being a priest and the toughest part about being a priest.
• Call the Vocation Office of the Archdiocese of Baltimore to find out about discernment opportunities.
• Talk with a trusted friend and ask him or her if he or she could see you as a priest.
• Talk to the vocations director, Father Gerard Francik, at 410-547-5354.
• Attend some discernment events and retreats.
• Meet with the vocations director for the archdiocese.
Courtesy of the archdiocesan Vocation Office.