Archbishop William E. Lori and Dr. Barbara Edmondson, Superintendent of Schools, will greet students and their families at Our Lady of Grace, Parkton, St. Joseph School, Cockeysville, and Immaculate Conception School, Towson, on Monday, August 26, for the start of the new school year.
Our Lady of Grace School, St. Joseph School, and Immaculate Conception School are co-educational Catholic Elementary and Middle Schools, serving students in Kindergarten through grade 8. Archbishop Lori will greet students arriving for school at Our Lady of Grace, speak at a student assembly at St. Joseph, and tour the newly completed middle school at Immaculate Conception.
|WHEN:||Monday, August 26, 2012|
9:00 a.m. (approximate)
10:00 a.m. (approximate)
About Catholic Schools in the Archdiocese of Baltimore:
- More than 27,000 students in 70 Catholic schools;
- 13 recognized as national Blue Ribbon schools;
- Catholic elementary school students score in the top fourth nationally on standardized tests;
- Catholic middle school students score in the top third on standardized tests in reading and math;
- Catholic high school students average 100 points higher on the SAT than the national average; and
- 99% of students graduate high school; 98% attend college.
To learn more about an Archdiocese of Baltimore Catholic school, call 1-800-5-CATHOLIC or visit www.archbalt.org/schools.