Dental – The Archdiocese offers the following two dental plans.
- CIGNA Dental PPO: The Cigna dental plan is a PPO and you are free to use any dentist. However, you will incur higher claim costs if you use an out-of-network dentist. Please see the CIGNA Dental PPO Summary Plan Description under Dental Documents for details on this plan. You may access the CIGNA dental provider directory by logging into your account at www.mycigna.com.
- United Concordia Dental HMO: Since this plan is a dental HMO, you will need to designate a primary care dentist who must refer all specialist care. The enrollment form contains a section for you to enter the dentist’s ID for each family member. If you need assistance with finding the ID, you may call United Concordia at 866.357.3304 or go online to www.ucci.com and scroll down to “Find a Dentist” to access the provider directory. If you do not designate a primary care dentist, United Concordia will designate one for you. Please see the Schedule of Benefits and Certificate of Coverage under Dental Documents below for plan details.
Vision – The Archdiocese offers vision insurance through VSP.
- VSP Vision included in medical plans: If you and your family members are enrolled in one of our medical plans, you are automatically enrolled in VSP vision.
- VSP Vision standalone plan: If you and/or your family members are not enrolled in one of our medical plans, you may elect this standalone plan.
Basic Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) and Supplemental Life Insurance
Please see the benefit guide for additional information. If you have never completed a beneficiary form or have changes, please take the time to complete the form, sign and date it, and return it to your direct employer. If you choose to enroll in supplemental life insurance for yourself or your spouse at any other time except as a new hire or eligible change in benefit status, coverage will not become effective until it has been medically approved by CIGNA. Children are guaranteed issue at any time.
Archdiocese of Baltimore 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Contributions – Benefit eligible and non-benefit eligible employees may elect to enroll in the pre-tax employee contribution plan by contacting T Rowe Price at 800.922.9945 or accessing your online account at www.rps.troweprice.com (recommended). Your online account allows you to elect and change your pre-tax contribution, choose your investments, designate your beneficiary, view your statements and take advantage of other retirement tools.
- Employer Contributions – Benefit eligible employees become participants in the employer contribution plan effective either January 1 or July 1, whichever date immediately follows your date of hire or change to benefit eligible status. Contributions begin following quarter end, i.e., mid-October for July 1 participants and mid-April for January 1 participants.
- Please see the Benefit Guide for additional information.
Catholic Charities 403(b) Plan
- Contact Catholic Charities for details on the 403(b) Plan (see contact information below).
- If you change plans or enroll for the first time, you will receive new medical cards in the mail. You will only receive a Caremark prescription card if you are enrolling in a medical plan for the first time.
- To print a temporary medical ID card after your enrollment has transmitted to CIGNA, go to www.mycigna.com, log into your account and scroll down to the “Print ID card” link. For a temporary Caremark prescription card, go to www.caremark.com, log into your account, and scroll down to “Print Member ID Card” under Plans & Benefits at the bottom of the page. If you have never accessed your accounts before, you will need to first register and then log in with your created user name and password.
- You may print a dental, vision or EAP card by clicking below. Please be aware that the vendors do not issue these cards, and you technically do not need them. Your doctors/providers can validate your eligibility with the information you provide to them.
- If you need to contact one of our vendors, please click on the above 2020/2021 Benefits Guide link and go to the first page for a complete list of vendor telephone numbers and web addresses.
- If you have questions for the Archdiocese of Baltimore’s Benefits Office, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have questions for Catholic Charities, please use the following contact information:
We have made every attempt to ensure the accuracy of the information contained on these pages. However, if there is any discrepancy between this information and the legal documents, the legal documents will always govern. The Archdiocese of Baltimore intends to continue these plans indefinitely but reserves the right (subject to the provisions of any applicable collective bargaining agreement) to amend or terminate them at any time, for any reason, according to the amendment or termination procedures described in the legal documents. This information does not create a contract of employment with the Archdiocese of Baltimore.