Is tuition cost driving Catholics away?

I read that only 15 percent of Catholic children attend Catholic schools. Where do the other 85 percent attend school? Could these families, who may be drifting away from Jesus Christ and the church, be surveyed, to see if they would return to the fold and to Catholic schools, if tuition was more affordable?<

Catholic Review

The Catholic Review is the official publication of the Archdiocese of Baltimore.