The following advice was compiled from mothers at St. Ignatius of Loyola, Ijamsville, who are currently going through the teething process with their children.
• Have plenty of bibs on hand because of excessive drooling
• Have plenty of teethers you can keep cold
• Have a good network of friends with kids
• Give babies safe items to chew on that can put pressure on the gums
• Put frozen fruit into an apparatus where they can chew or suck on it
• Just understand that as soon as the teeth break through, the pain and agony are over
• Turn to resources such as the “What to Expect” series of books