1/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
1 3/4 cups plus 2 tbsp flour
2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup milk, divided
1/2 pint raspberries
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
· Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease and flour one 8-inch round pan.
· Cream together butter and sugar.
· Stir in vanilla, canola oil, and 2 tablespoons milk.
· In a separate bowl sift flour with baking powder. Add to butter mixture alternately with 1/2 cup milk.
· Stir in pecans; add raspberries, stirring gently.
· Pour batter into 8-in round pan.
· Bake for 45-50 minutes.
· Let the cake cool for 10 minutes, then run a knife around the inside edge of the pan and flip onto a plate.
This recipe was contributed by Treasa Matysek of Owings Mills.
To see more recipes, click here.