Various aid agencies accepting donations for African famine relief
WASHINGTON – The following international aid agencies are working with partner agencies and local religious leaders in eastern Africa and are accepting donations for refugees affected by the region’s drought and famine.
– Catholic Relief Services, the U.S. bishops’ international relief and development agency, is accepting donations by phone at (800) 736-3467; online at http://crs.org; or by mail to CRS, P.O. Box 17090, Baltimore, MD 21203-7090.
– Caritas Internationalis is accepting donations at www.caritas.org.
– Jesuit Refugee Service is accepting donations by phone at (202) 629-5948; online at www.jrsusa.org; or by mail to JRS, 1016 16th St., NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20036.
– The Pontifical Mission Societies in the United States has established a special program named A Call for Solidarity with the Church in East Africa. Contributions may be directed to: Pontifical Mission Societies, East Africa Program, 70 W. 36th St., New York, NY 10018. Credit card donations can be made at www.onefamilyinmission.org.
– Doctors Without Borders is accepting donations by phone at (888) 392-0392; online at www.doctorswithoutborders.org; or by mail to Doctors Without Borders USA, P.O. Box 5030, Hagerstown, MD 21741.
– International Committee of the Red Cross is accepting donations online at www.icrc.org/eng/.
– Oxfam International is accepting donations online at www.oxfam.org/.
– The United Nations High Commissioner on Refugees is accepting donations online at www.unhcr.org.