Sisters of St. Francis celebrate jubilees
On June 22, more than 250 members of the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia gathered in Our Lady of Angels Chapel in Aston, Pa., to celebrate the lives and service of 34 jubilarians.
Baltimore native Sister Jean Clare Rohe, O.S.F., is a diamond jubilarian celebrating 70 years of service, and Sister Elizabeth Mary Novak, O.S.F., is a Baltimore native celebrating her golden jubilee.
Sister Jean Clare was a member of St. Joseph, Fullerton, prior to her entrance into the Sisters of St. Francis. She currently ministers as a receptionist at St. Anthony of Padua Rectory in Baltimore, a position she has held since 2005. Previous ministry in the Archdiocese of Baltimore includes teaching at Immaculate Conception School in Towson (1941-1946), SS. Philip and James School, Baltimore, (1946-1955), The Catholic High School of Baltimore (1955-1972, 1983-1989), and Our Lady of Mount Carmel High School in Middle River (1972-1974).
Sister Elizabeth Mary was a member of Sacred Heart Parish prior to her entrance into the Sisters of St. Francis. Since 1987 she has taught at Our Lady of Mount Carmel School. Previous ministry in the Archdiocese of Baltimore includes teaching at Little Flower School, Baltimore, (1972-1979), Queen of Peace Lower School (1979-1980), and St. Elizabeth School (1980-1987).
Other jubilarians who previously ministered in the archdiocese and are celebrating jubilees include:
- 75 years
•Sister Agatha Pazourek: Immaculate Conception School, Towson (1932-1933); St. Anthony School (1953-1970); St. Stephen School, Bradshaw (1971-1979); Little Flower School/St. Anthony School (1979-1981); St. Elizabeth School (1981-1986); St. Elizabeth Convent (1986-1996)
•Sister Marie Olivette Weiss: St. Anthony School (1932-1934)
- 70 years
•Sister Columbkill O’Connor: Our Lady of Mt. Carmel School and/or Convent, Middle River (1941-1950, 1961-1964, 1965-1967, 1979-2007); Immaculate Conception School, Towson (1950-1958, 1960-1961, 1967-1968); St. Peter Claver School, Baltimore, (1958-1960)
•Sister Angela Patrice Power: St. Paul School (1938-1939); St. Katharine School (1939-1946)
•Sister John Catherine Rohe: St. Katharine School (1937-1947); The Catholic High School of Baltimore [Principal] (1972-1982); St. Joseph School, Fullerton, (1988-1993); Cardinal Shehan School 1993-2004); St. Stephen Parish (2004-2005); Mother Mary Lang School (2005-2007)
•Sister Helen Regina Vanick: St. Paul School (1938-1941); St. Katharine School (1952-1967); SS. Philip and James School (1967-1973); St. Elizabeth School (1980-1981); St. Anthony Convent (1981-1982); Charles A. Hall Cluster School (1982-1986)
- 50 years
•Sister Marie Therese Carr: Our Lady of Mt. Carmel School, Middle River (1959-1962, 1969-1970); St. Lawrence School (1962-1966); St. Stephen School, (1966-1967); Immaculate Conception School, Towson (1967-1969); St. Joseph School Fullerton (1970-1973); The Catholic High School of Baltimore (1973-1983); Our Lady of Mount Carmel High School (1983-1984)
•Sister Mary Kiely (formerly Sister Brendan Mary): St. Peter Claver School (1966-1967)
•Sister Jacqueline Marie Kotz: The Catholic High School of Baltimore (1967-1972, 1984-1987); Towson Catholic High School (1972-1973); Provincial Council (1981-1985, 1987-1990); St. Joseph Hospital Convent, Towson (1990-1993); Mother Seton Academy (1993-2004)
•Sister Marie Lucey (formerly Sister Marie Christopher): SS. Philip and James School (1959-1966)
•Sister Ann Margaret McCloskey (formerly Sister Marie Annette): St. Joseph Hospital, Towson, (1983-1984)
•Sister Anna May McFeeley (formerly Sister Marie St. Anthony): Immaculate Conception School (1958-1966); Little Flower School (1966-1969)
•Sister Eileen Walsh (formerly Sister Patrick Mary): St. Clement School, Rosedale (1958-1964); St. Stephen School, Bradshaw (1970-1971); St. Elizabeth School (1971-1972)