In accordance with the request from the Holy See, Archbishop William E. Lori has named the following priests serving in the Archdiocese of Baltimore, “Missionaries of Mercy” for the Year of Mercy.
Father David Mott, O.P.
Father Roman Kozacheson, OFM Cap
Father Paul Zaborowski, OFM Cap
Father Greg Chervenak, OFM Cap
1. a living sign of the Father’s welcome to all those in search of his forgiveness
2. facilitators for all, with no one excluded, of a truly human encounter, a source of liberation, rich with responsibility for overcoming obstacles and taking up the new life of Baptism again
3. guided by the words, “For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy upon all
4. inspiring preachers of Mercy
5. heralds of the joy of forgiveness
6. welcoming, loving, and compassionate Confessors, who are most especially attentive to the difficult situations of each person.
The Missionaries will be invited by individual Diocesan Bishops within their particular country to give missions or facilitate specific initiatives organized for the Jubilee, with a particular attention given to the Sacrament of Reconciliation. The Holy Father will grant these Missionaries the authority to pardon even those sins reserved to the Holy See.