Ash Wednesday Mass Schedules Announced.
Archbishop Edwin F. O’Brien, Archbishop of Baltimore, and the auxiliary bishops of the Archdiocese of Baltimore will celebrate the following Ash Wednesday Masses on February 6, 2008:
Archbishop Edwin F. O’Brien
- The Baltimore Basilica, Cathedral Street, Downtown, 12:10 p.m.
- The Cathedral of Mary Our Queen, 5200 N. Charles Street, 5:30 p.m.
Bishop W. Francis Malooly
- St. John Regional Catholic School, Frederick, 10:00 a.m.
Bishop Mitchell T. Rozanski
- Archbishop Spalding High School, 8080 New Cut Road, Severn 9:15 a.m.
Bishop Denis J. Madden
- The Baltimore Basilica, 5:30 p.m.
Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of Lent, the 40-day period when the Catholic Church asks the faithful to give themselves to prayer and to the reading of the Scripture, to fasting and to giving alms, in an effort to sharpen their senses and focus mind and heart on the reign of God.
Easter is Sunday, March 23.