Resources for Educators: Domestic Violence
"Violence against women, inside or outside the home, is never justified. Violence in any form—physical, sexual, psychological, or verbal—is sinful; often, it is a crime as well" U.S. Catholic Bishops, When I Call for Help, 2002.Catholic Websites:
- Resources for priests and pastoral ministers - United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- "Overcoming Obstacles: Domestic Violence," For your marriage, an outreach of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops and Catholic Communication Campaign.
- Florida Catholic Conference, "Domestic Violence" (January 2002).
- Diocese of Rochester, "Domestic Violence."
Ecclesial Documents (Bishop/ Vatican):
"When I Call for Help: A Pastoral Response to Domestic Violence Against Women," US Conference of Catholic Bishops (Nov. 12, 2002)
"Cuando Pido Ayuda" Full text in Spanish
- Kevin Clark, "Domestic Violence on the Rise as Recession Stresses Hit Home," US Catholic (May 22, 2009).
- Fr. John West, "It's Not Shameful to Ask for Help," Archdiocese of Detroit.
Dates to Note:
October is often considered Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
This document contains some hyperlinks to web sites operated by parties other than the Archdiocese of Baltimore. These hyperlinks are provided for your reference only. The Archdiocese of Baltimore does not control such web sites and is not responsible for their contents. The inclusion of hyperlinks to other web sites does not imply any endorsement of the material on these web sites or any association with their operators.