Prayerful presence is the act of praying publicly at an abortion facility in a way that gives a loving, respectful witness to the sanctity of human life and to the redemptive love of Jesus Christ.
Prayer at abortion facilities is essential to defeating the culture of death and building a culture of life.
"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Matthew 18:20.For more information about the upcoming 40 Days for Life campaign, which converts hearts and saves lives and find locations in Maryland, visit the 40 Days for Life national website.
There are also several prayerful presence vigils throughout the year:
- Abortion Free Anne Arundel, Planned Parenthood in Annapolis
- Germantown Prayerful Presence, Carhart's Late-Term Abortion Facility
- Hillcrest Prayerful Presence, Catonsville
- Hagerstown Prayerful Presence, contact Janet at 240-420-0440
Prayerful Presence Resources
- Rite for the Blessing of a Child in the Womb
- Instructional Handout (front, back)
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Helpers of God's Precious Infants website
- Helpers of God's Precious Infants videos
We pray at clinics:
- to support women in crisis.
- to witness publicly our commitment to life.
- to soften the hearts of clinic staff.
- to support sidewalk counselors.
- to love and be with the unborn children in danger of abortion.
The Archdiocese of Baltimore Respect Life Office has adopted the methods of the Helpers of God's Precious Infants. Find more information about this method and the amazing work of the Helpers.
Simple steps to organize a vigil at an abortion facility:
- Check out the resources above or attend a training/information session from the Archdiocese.
- Find your local clinic at www.abortion.com.
- Visit or drive past the facility so you know the layout and can decide where to ask parishioners to stand in prayer. Always stand on public property.
- Advertise in your bulletin, through your Respect Life Committee and other ministry groups, or at Mass.
- Bring supplies: rosaries, prayer cards with the Mysteries of the Rosary or Helpers of God's Precious Infants prayer books.
The Respect Life Office can put you in contact with some regular vigil participants to find more up to date information directly. If you are unable to organize parishioners to start a new vigil, please invite them to join another parish at a local clinic. If you schedule a new vigil, please contact the Respect Life Office so your vigil will be added to the Calendar and others will be invited to join you.
Check out this video about the importance of prayer in front of these abortion facilities.
If you have questions about this important ministry, please do not hesitate to contact the Respect Life Office at (410) 547-5337 or email@example.com.