Natural Family Planning
Helping couples to deepen conjugal love and achieve responsible parenthood is part of the Church's total pastoral ministry to Catholic spouses. Fulfillment of this ministry includes both education and pastoral care. This means "instilling conviction and offering practical help to those who wish to live out their parenthood in a truly responsible way" (Familiaris consortio, #35).
Local Instruction for NFP Methods
- St. Agnes Hospital, Baltimore: Contact Shelia Short, 410-368-2810
- Couple to Couple League - Search and register for local classes
- Home Correspondence Course Couple to Couple League - Resources in English and Spanish 1-800-745-8252
- Couple to Couple League - Ways to Learn NFP: Spanish site | English Site
- Mrs. Julie Tomko - Harford County, Creighton Model 410-692-0789
- Mrs. Alice Harris - Severna Park 410-544-2895
- Mrs. Marilyn Camden - Hickory, Maryland, 410-838-6514
- Melissa and Santiago Solares - Bowie, Maryland - 301-262-8426
- Family of the Americas NFP - Resources in English and Spanish
On-line Instruction in Natural Family Planning
- Family Ministries of Archdiocese of Chicago. Visit their site.
- Northwest Family Services offers online instruction in the Sympto-Thermal Method and lifetime follow-up. Visit their site
- Correspondence courses for learning NFP methods may be found at this site: More Distance-Learning Opportunities
- Fertility Tracking Software for NFP: - FertileView is a downloadable biomedical informatics software program for fertility management that allows the patient to chart their fertility signs while the FertileView program interprets the information. For further information or how to purchase, visit www.cath.novuscor.com
Become an NFP Teacher
Couple to Couple League provides online training in English and Spanish. Visit www.ccli.org to apply.
Find a NFP Doctor
- Fertility Care Centers in Maryland http://www.fertilitycare.org/maryland
- Search for medical professionals near you at One More Soul.
Natural Family Planning Ministry
Resources for education and study by couples and marriage ministry leaders.
For More Information and Instructors contact the Division of Catechetical and Pastoral Formation, 410-547-5405.
Parenthood is indeed a Christian call and responsibility. It is the experience of acting as God's instruments in giving life to sons and daughters in various ways; but equally, it is an experience of being formed by God through your children