Opportunities for the Reception of the Sacrament of Confirmation
- Adults may be confirmed by the bishop during the parish celebration of Confirmation.
- Adults may be confirmed at the archdiocesan celebration in the fall or on Pentecost Sunday.
- Formerly uncatechized adults completing their initiation in the Catholic Church through the RCIA process may be confirmed at the Easter Vigil.
The reception of the sacrament of Confirmation is necessary for the completion of baptismal grace…by the sacrament of Confirmation the baptized are more perfectly bound to the Church and are enriched with a special strength of the Holy Spirit. Here is a sample adult formation lesson for the immediate catechesis for the sacrament of Confirmation. Sample Confirmation Formation Materials.
Archdiocesan Group Confirmations 2014
- June 8 - 3:00 pm at St. Ann, Hagerstown
- June 8 - 2:00 pm at the Basilica
Guidelines for Celebrating the Sacrament of Confirmation with Archbishop Lori - includes an outline of the Rite of Confirmation and General Intercessions
USCCB Guidelines for Reception of Holy Communion - to be included in all worship aids.