Adult Faith Formation
"Adult faith formation, by which people consciously grow in the life of Christ through experience, reflection, prayer, and study, must be "the central task in the catechetical enterprise," becoming "the axis around which revolves the catechesis of childhood and adolescence as well as that of old age."
Our Hearts Were Burning Within Us, #5
To assist parishes as they facilitate the process of creating a culture of mature adult discipleship that is a living, fruitful and explicit profession of faith. Through training and resources the diversity of adult life tasks in relationship to faith are served. This effort finds its inspiration amid the fullness of Christian life and the vision put forth in the following documents:
- The General Directory for Catechesis
- The National Directory for Catechesis
- Our Hearts Were Burning Within Us, A Pastoral Plan for Adult Faith Formation in the United States
Adult Faith Best Practices Articles
- Small Church Communities - Deacon Peter Barbarnitz
- Best Practices in Small Faith Sharing Groups
- Beyond Words: Christian Initiation and Mystagogy - Ms. Sharon A. Bogusz
- Effective Adult Formation - Loyola Press
- Adult Faith Team Description
Models for Using the United States Catholic Catechism for Adults
Developed by members of the National Advisory Committee on Adult Religious Education (NACARE) based on feedback from submissions from Diocesan and Eparchial Adult Faith Formation Contacts in the United States. NACARE wishes to thank Ms. Rose Bennett who served as Editor, and to Sharon Bogusz who provided layout assistance for the materials.
Read more information about adult confirmation in the Archdiocese of Baltimore