Archdiocese of Baltimore Logo

Stay Connected   Share   Print   

Closed Parishes

St. Adalbert (Wagners Point)

Established 1907. Closed 1967. Records available at St. Athanasius Church. 4708 Prudence Street, Baltimore, MD 21226-1298. Phone: 410-355-5740.

St. Adrian (Iverness)

Established 1948. Closed 1967. Records available at Our Lady of Hope Rectory. 1727 Lynch Road, Baltimore, MD 21222. Phone: 410-284-6600.

St. Andrew

Washington and Monument Streets. Established 1878. Closed 1974. Records and registers are available at the Chancery, The Catholic Center, 320 Cathedral Street, Baltimore 21201. Phone: 410-547-5446.

St. Barnabas

Biddle and Argyle Ave. Established 1907. Closed 1931. Records available at St. Peter Claver.

St. Bernard Korean National Parish

Gorsuch Avenue and Independence Street. Established as St. Bernard 1891; established as a Korean National Parish in 1989. Closed 1997. The Korean Catholic Community has been relocated to Holy Korean Martyr Catholic Church, 5801 Security Blvd., Baltimore 21207. Phone: 410-265-8885. Official records for English speaking members of the original St. Bernard Parish can be obtained from the Chancery, The Catholic Center, 320 Cathedral Street, Baltimore 21201. Phone: 410-547-5446.

Christ the King

Established 1956. Closed 2003. Records available at St. Rita. Phone: 410-284-0388.

Fourteen Holy Martyrs

South Mount and Lombard Street. Established 1870. Closed 1964. Records available at St. Martin Church, 31 North Fulton Avenue, Baltimore 21223. Phone: 410-947-1242.

St. Gerard's Chapel (Highlandtown)

Charlotte and Cardiff Avenues. Established 1944. Closed 2002. Records available at Sacred Heart of Jesus, 600 South Conkling Street, Baltimore 21224. Phone: 410-342-4336.

Holy Redeemer Chapel (Highlandtown)

800 South Oldham Street, Baltimore, MD 21224. Established 1944. Closed 2002. Records available at Sacred Heart of Jesus, 600 South Conkling Street, Baltimore, MD 21224. Phone: 410-342-4336.

St. James Church

Eager and Asquith Streets. Established 1834. Combined with St. John 1966. Records available at the Chancery, The Catholic Center, 320 Cathedral Street, Baltimore 21201. Phone: 410-547-5446.

St. Jerome Church

1001 Scott Street and Hamburg Street, Baltimore, MD 21230. Merged July 1, 2004 with St. Martin and St. Peter the Apostle to form Transfiguration Catholic Community. Phone: 410-685-5044 or visit the parish website for more information.

St. John German Church

Saratoga Street and Park Avenue. Established 1799. Closed 1841. Original records, stored in the archdiocesan archives at St. Mary's Seminary, are available on microfilm at the Maryland State Archives in Annapolis.

St. John the Baptist

Established 1888. Renamed St. Jude Shrine 1989.

St. John the Evangelist

Valley and Eager Streets. Established 1853. Combined with St. James 1966. Closed 1966. Records available at The Chancery, The Catholic Center, 320 Cathedral Street, Baltimore 21201. Phone: 410-547-5446.

St. Joseph

Howard and Barre Streets (until 1915). 119 West Lee Street (after 1915). Established 1838. Closed 1962. Records are available at Holy Cross Rectory, 110 East West Street, Baltimore 21230. Phone: 410-752-8498.

St. Katharine of Siena

Preston Street and Luzerne Avenue. Established 1902. Closed, merged into St. Wenceslaus Church which became the succesor corporation in 1986. Records available at St. Wenceslaus, 2111 Ashland Avenue, Baltimore 21205. Phone: 410-675-7304. Bequests to St. Katharine of Siena are, by operation of law, made payable to the successor corporation, St. Wenceslaus.

St. Lawrence (Dickeyville)

Established 1912. Formed a new parish with The Shrine of Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Woodlawn in 1997. Records available at St. Gabriel, 6950 Dogwood Road, Baltimore 21244. Phone: 410-944-2106.

St. Martin Church

31 N. Fulton Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21223. Merged July 1, 2004 with St. Jerome and St. Peter the Apostle to form Transfiguration Catholic Community. Phone: 410-685-5044 or visit the parish website for more information.

St. Michael (Wolfe Street)

Established 1852. 7 Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD.  Merged with Sacred Heart of Jesus July 30, 2011. Sacramental records available at Sacred Heart of Jesus, 600 S. Conkling Street, Baltimore. Phone: 410-342-4336.

St. Mildred (Gray Manor)

Established 1948. Closed 1967. Records available at Our Lady of Hope Rectory, 1727 Lynch Road, Baltimore 21222. Phone: 410-284-6600.

St. Monica

Baltimore. Established 1883. Closed 1959. African-American parish run by the Josephites. Records available at the Chancery.

Our Lady of Lourdes

Liberty Heights Avenue and Edgewwod Road. Established 1925. Closed, merged into All Saints Church which became the successor corporation in 1995. Records available at All Saints, 4408 Liberty Heights Avenue, Baltimore 21207. Phone: 410-542-0445. Bequests made to Our Lady of Lourdes are, by operation of law, made payable to the successor corporation, All Saints.

Shrine of Our Lady of Perpetual Help (Woodlawn)

Established 1936. Formed a new parish with St. Lawrence (Baltimore) in 1997. Records available at St. Gabriel Parish, 6950 Dogwood Road, Baltimore 21244. Phone: 410-944-2106.

Our Lady of Sorrows

West Hill Street. Established 1922. Closed 1935. Records available at Holy Cross, 110 East West Street, Baltimore 21230. Phone: 410-752-8498.

St. Paul

Established 1888. Combined with St. Francis Xavier in 1968.

St. Peter the Apostle Church

Holllins and Poppleton Street, Baltimore, MD 21201. Merged July 1, 2004 with St. Jerome and St. Martin to form Transfiguration Catholic Community. Phone: 410-685-5044 or visit the parish website for more information.

St. Peter Pro-Cathedral

Erected as a chapel in 1770. Designated as pro-cathedral in 1789. Closed in 1841. Original records, kept at the Basilica of the Assumption, are available to researchers on microfilm at the Maryland State Archives in Annapolis.

St. Pius V

Baltimore. Established 1878. Closed 2006. African-American parish run by the Josephites. Records available at St. Peter Claver.

St. Stanislaus Kostka (Polish)

Established 1879. Closed 2000. Records available at St. Casimir. Phone: 410-276-1981.

St. Stephan

Grantsville. Established 1894. Merged with St. Ann, Avilton in 1976.