Policies & Procedures for New Construction, Renovation and Capital Maintenance Projects
The development and execution of a capital project follows a standard process regardless of the type of facility or its cost. The construction industry has developed standard procedures for development, project design, execution and management. These standards, as described below, have been adapted to meet the specific needs and policies of the AOB. Members of the ABC may be assigned to specific projects to act as a "mentor" to the Pastor, principal, etc.
Click on the links below to read the general project procedures, which should be followed in a sequential order.
- Project Concept
- Preliminary Analysis and Planning
- Concept Approval
- Formal Request for Project Approval
- Project Design and Development
- Phase I - Master Plan/Feasibility
- Phase II - Schematic Design
- Phase III - Design/Development
- Phase IV - Construction Documents
- Phase V - Bidding
- Phase VI - Construction
- Phase VII - Completion & Closeout
- Phase VIII - Project Warranty Period